Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Lens of Love, through the eyes of the Father

Greetings one and all, we are all so very special in the eyes of our Father. I desire to see things like He does through lens of love. Sending an update from Cerro Azul, we are having a rainy day today. We have had rain since yesterday and it really slows things down here since our roads are dirt. Last Wednesday was my last offical day at the orphanage. I had a hard time saying goodbye to the girls, I know it is not goodbye just see you later but not seeing them on a daily basis is a big change for me. I plan to visit as often as I can, they will forever be in my heart and coming to Mexico has changed my life forever.

Ron and the team from Bishop came down November the 17th we had a quincenera for Lupita. She is one of the young girls that God has placed in our path to help in any and all ways that we can. She has come from a very disfunctional and terribly abusive family situation. Her Grandmother is the primary care giver and it is a very complicated family dynamic. Ususally I don't want to "overhelp" a family feeling that would lead to enabling them but this situation is different. So with that said we did all that was possible for her. Ron raised funds for her and we were able to have her dress made, a cake, food the whole thing was so special. She was so beautiful, no matter what obstacles one encounters we are all so beautiful in the eyes of our Lord and Savior. He sees our hearts not our circumstances, to love like He loved. My heart longs for that, true love for our fellow man. My flesh is so annoying and gets on my last nerve. Often crawling off of the altar of daily sacrafice and most the time just wanting to be stagnant. I will always use Jesus as my example on how to live and love here with His children. Ron also sent a message saying that he wants to help Lupita with College when the time comes, again giving her hope for her future. Yay God!! We had pozole with Juanita another family that Ron has been helping out for many years, she lost her husband many years ago from suicide and left her with 8 children the youngest having down syndrome. What a special lady, she made the tamales for our wedding, so special to my heart. I guess it is because it is so poor here that the gratitude from the people just blows me away. God shows up, we ask for healing and it is here. I know He is always around us and always with us. The team prayed for Juanita's daughter and her chronic back pain was healed. We also got a chance to pray for Macrina and her back pain was healed, she said she has been doing laundry for two weeks. We had the opportunity to pray for a women at Cora's church with mental illness, hearing voices etc. I could feel the spirit pushing me away when we were praying for her. The spirit lifted and she accepted the Lord in her heart to live forever. Yay God!!! So happy to see the team from Bishop I so miss all of there faces. Jean Bigham soooo great to see you and Liz. The team will be back in November and we always look so forward to their visit.

Holy Spirit has really been ministering to me about the healing. Healed to be a healer and blessed to be a blessing, He gave me insight about what He wants us to do down here and it was a healing ministry, a freedom ministry and a helps ministry. Great I said sounds perfect, Jesus sent them out to preach the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick. God has placed many people in our paths that share the same vision. We are here to serve Him to be representatives of His Kingdom.

We ask for your prayers for strength, wisdom, protection, provision and always increased levels of awarness of His presence. Still planning on the transitional housing for the young adults, still in the planning/praying phase. One thing Father God is working on me with is slowing down. I am here and I want to make a difference and I see so many in need and I want to do all that I can for all that I see through Him of course. Slow down, pace yourself this is not a sprint it is a marathon and we have already won. Through Christ we already have the prize, eternal life. I will take a deep breath and enjoy the sweet aroma of His presence. Christ's love to all!

It has also been brought to my attention over the past few days that out here in the more rural areas, we need to focus on getting these kids through high school. Many of them drop out after junior high to work or to begin making bricks. So yes we want to help them with College, but first things first give them whatever assistance they might need to finish high school. One step at a time. Again the message of "slow down".

Church of Christ, Cerro Azul
 



Lupita with her Grandmother.

Beautiful Lupita
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Deborah for the update. Wow the Lord is really moving in power everywhere. We to have been experiencing the move of the Spirit in unprecedented ways. We live in such exciting times. What a privilege for all of us that the Lord choose us to live in this day and hour. The Lord is going to supply all you need for every ministry He has called you and Frank to, He has and is still equipping you both for the task ahead of you. You are missed. We love you and bless you. In Jesus name. Love and hugs Ellen

    ReplyDelete